Small Grant Eligibility
To be eligible for a grant from the Lintel Trust you must be based in Scotland and have a close connection with a housing association, housing co-operative or other social housing provider such as a local authority.
It is impossible to overstate the importance of a safe, secure home. Lintel Trust provides support for projects helping people to maintain their tenancies, improve their lives and engage and participate fully in community life. Most of the projects funded offer support to people who are excluded from community activities.
As a small charity, awarding small grants, we aim to help grassroots community projects where our contribution is a meaningful one and makes up more than 30% of the total project cost. The small grant programme is aimed at small local projects.
Applications for national campaigns will not be considered.
Can I make an application?
If you can answer 'yes' to the following questions, then your project is likely to be eligible:
- Do you have a close connection to a housing assocation, housing co-operative or local authority?
- Is your annual turnover under £500k?
- Do you have Equal Opportunities and Protecting Vulnerable People policies in place?
- Does your project aim match one of our funding streams?
Small Grant Funding Streams
You can apply for either £500 or £1,000 grant, which is to be used within a 12 month period from the date of award.
We support projects:
- tackling social isolation in housing communities
- promoting digital participation for housing communities
- enabling older people to remain independent and in their own home
- enabling people with disabilities to live independently
- assisting people moving from homelessness into a secure tenancy
If you would like to discuss the eligibility of a project please get in touch and we will be happy to advise you.