Lintel Trust grant awards are currently frozen. Please do not send any new applications as they will not be assessed until we are able to replenish our funds. Thank you for your understanding.
As a small charity, giving out small grants, we aim to help grassroots community projects and are not able to consider applications where our contribution is less than 30% of the total project cost.
To be eligible for a grant from the Lintel Trust your project must come under one of the following categories and you must be based in Scotland.
- Provision of services to older people to enable them to continue living at home
- Provision of services promoting digital participation and access to online services to digitally excluded individuals and groups
- Improving opportunities for socially isolated people to participate and receive the support they need to engage fully in community life
- Improving opportunities for homeless people (with a particularly single person households) to receive the support they need to live independently in a secure home and engage fully in community life
- Improving opportunities for people with disabilities to participate and receive the support they need to live independently and engage fully in community life.
In addition, we are a housing charity so:
- The project must relate to providing or supporting independent living in a secure home, or
- The project must be run by or closely involve a housing association, or
- The project must aim to improve people’s housing, standard of living or local community.
- All applicant organisations must have an Equal Opportunities Policy, or demonstate they are in the process of adopting a policy that will be in force by the project start date.
- Applicant organisations must also have a Protecting Vulnerable People Policy where the proposed project beneficiaries are vulnerable adults or children under 18.
- All possible sources of statutory funds (ie local authority or central government) must have been explored. Lottery funding should also have been considered if appropriate.
Please ensure that your project is eligible before completing an application form. If you would like to discuss the eligibility of a project please get in touch and we will be happy to advise you.
Please see here for what we are unable to fund.