The Butterfly Trust Mentoring Programme
The Butterfly Trust provides a diverse range of support services to people suffering from Cystic Fibrosis in Scotland. Due to the nature of Cystic Fibrosis, sufferers can suffer greatly from social isolation and exclusion. Butterfly Trust carries out vital work empowering people with Cystic Fibrosis in Scotland to live as independently as possible.
Their mentoring programme provides a mentor for service users to help develop skills for independent living. This includes:
- Regular contact with someone who can offer support and share concerns with
- A person to help develop life skills and build self confidence
- Assisting with negotiations with employers, housing associations and benefit agencies
- Offer support to make strong housing applications
- Offering support through a transitional period